Hello again blog world! It’s been a long time since I’ve written but I thought I’d check in this morning since I have some great news to announce! My photos (and Charleston) are featured in The New York Times!
And below are two stories I worked on earlier this year for The New York Times, which I never found a moment to blog about:
“Charleston’s Cousin Gets in the Picture” Click HERE to see the NYT pictures published Sunday, March 24th, 2013.
Before weddings, I was a professional photojournalist for over 6 years. I jumped around from magazine to newspaper, from state to state . . . chasing my dream. For the longest time, I would have given anything to work for The New York Times! Then, I found weddings and realized I had a tremendous love for them, as well. I started my own business and jumped into weddings head first, never looking back. I absolutely fell in love with documenting love. And whatyaknow? Now, when I least expect it, The New York Times has entered my life and my career. A handful of events and opportunities this year have helped me remember my love of photojournalism and my passion for documentary work. I hope to do more of that next year! But don’t worry brides . . . I love you very much, too!
Here’s a little bit of what’s been keeping me too busy to blog this year:
- 1 trip to Uganda to visit family (and document) the incredible and selfless medical mission work they have been doing with Palmetto Medical Initiative
- 3 assignments for The New York Times
- 27 weddings that have taken me from Hilton Head Island all the way up to beautiful Maine . . . and given me the opportunity to meet and photograph the best people on the planet! Yes, 27, and yes, the BEST!
- 2 trips to NYC for corporate photography with Experian (and back again next month . . . yay!)
- 1 trip to Las Vegas to photograph a fabulous, annual Experian event
- And most importantly, 1 trip to Scotland for my own wedding at the castle of my McRae ancestors!! Yes, amidst it all, somehow I actually managed to get married this year! It was magical and, truthfully, my greatest and most rewarding accomplishment.
I’ll never be able to express enough gratitude for the blessings and opportunities . . . and people that have entered my life this year. It’s not over yet, but as I am wrapping up an incredible 2013 wedding season, I am feeling particularly grateful to be able to celebrate with a feature in The New York Times.
Thank you for reading! Hope all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving with much to be grateful for!